Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Is the Arabic name Nawal a feminine word?

I would prefer if someone who speaks Arabic or is familiar with the language would answer this question. I recently named my niece Nawal, which means 'gift' in Arabic. I know that is a girl's name, but my aunt is arguing with me saying that there is a boy she knows name Nawal. Is Nawal an feminine word and that boy has been name incorrectly or is it a unisex name?

Is the Arabic name Nawal a feminine word?
It definitely is a female name. However, since it doesn't have the feminin ending in ''a'', it can be confusing. People give strange names to their kids sometimes. Your aunt knows a boy named Nawal and I know a boy named Fairouz, which is definitely feminin!
Reply:It's a feminine name!


In North Africa,Morocco,Algeria,Tunisia only women or girls have this name!


In some regions there, it means "flower" so that absolutely no boys or men would accept being named so!

dahlia flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment