Tuesday, May 5, 2009

What is the English name of the fruit 'Akidenia' or 'Askidenia' which are the Arabic names?

I am wondering what is the English or scientific name of the fruit. It is citrus.


It is Orange and the pulp is orange also. Fairly small. Sour, but sometimes sweet. Usually has 2 or 3 black seeds in the middle.


I am trying to introduce it to my American friends but I have no idea what to refer to it in the market here in Cali.

What is the English name of the fruit 'Akidenia' or 'Askidenia' which are the Arabic names?
well according to wikipedia.. its Loquat (in lebanese its called Akkadeneh or Akka Dhuniya ... but by the description you say.. it looks a lot like kumquats.. they are like tiny oranges oval in shape like egg shaped with a couple of seeds in side.. (there is a reference to them at the bottom of this loquat link)..
Reply:I thought I might know until you said of the black seeds. Now I would also like to know what it is. Could it be Papyra ? NO I don't


think so......elisayn


No comments:

Post a Comment